A Garden Rose is an
Are You Ready to Have Beautiful
Garden Roses In Your Home?
These deluxe blooms fill the room with stunning fragrance, unique form, and old-world elegance. Each day brings exciting changes as they open up to the world. Because they are shipped directly from the farm, these delicate blooms have an extended vase life not typical with garden roses. You will not find these stunning garden roses in mainstream commercial outlets. We are thrilled to share fresh, farm-to-home garden roses with you. Not only do we offer home or business delivery, we provide proper care and handling as well as design philosophy guidance.
Holly Chapple has long been dedicated to bringing fellow floral enthusiasts the best education and products in the flower world. With over 25 years of successfully running her floral design business, she is known as the “Flower Mamma” due to her passion as a teacher, speaker, and mentor. Her vision has brought to life the group Chapel Designers for professional florists, the annual Flowerstock event featuring top educators from around the world, and Hope Flower Farm & Winery in Virginia where visitors can celebrate living life with flowers and gathering with friends.
She believes that flowers are for everyone. You don’t have to be a professional florist to appreciate and use a deluxe flower like a garden rose. You just need a little know-how, and Holly is excited to share that knowledge with you.
“After years of providing garden roses to wedding and event clients, I noticed their magical powers and how they elevated my designs and the event to an extraordinary place. I have always felt so fortunate that I was among the first to begin using garden roses in my designs. My pure love and passion for these roses were ultimately noticed and appreciated by breeders and growers alike. Because of this, a unique and long-lasting relationship began with the most prestigious growers and breeders. The global pandemic and other life-changing (aka stress-inducing) events solidified what I always knew;
flowers have remarkable power, not just for crazy flower lovers but everyone lucky enough to acquire them. When it comes to roses or anything botanical, I believe in having the finest Mother Nature can offer. I am thrilled to be able to provide these roses, once used only for luxury weddings, to your home so you may add just a touch of luxury into your day-to-day life.”
When you purchase our garden roses, you get more than just those gorgeous flowers. You get access to obtainable education from renowned florist, Holly Chapple. She will guide you through the care and conditioning of garden roses so that your blooms look pristine for the optimal amount of time.
Garden Rose History
- People have long admired roses. There is an extensive history of developing new colors, shapes, and fragrances for the garden. But these show-stopping “old roses”, as they’re often called, did not last long in vases. Many of the qualities that we love about these roses were sacrificed when the industry focused on longevity of the stem. The finest of blooms are always fragile; a fleeting miracle, but so worth every precious moment to experience the fragrance, shape, and form not seen in a standard rose.
David Austin Garden Roses
- David Austin set out in the 1990s to breed long lasting cut roses that captured the shape and fragrance of old garden roses. He more than succeeded. He revolutionized the industry. His legacy lives on in the huge popularity of garden rose varieties like the incredible Juliet.
Japanese Garden Roses: Wabara and Princess
- Japan is home to a very strong and unique tradition of growing garden roses. Fragrance and the old garden shapes are highly valued. Thus, it’s no surprise that the flower world has fallen in love with many of the varieties that have emerged from Japan.
Alexandra Farms deluxe Garden Roses
- Founded and led by Jose Azout, Alexandra Farms was an early pioneer in the world of cut garden roses.
- They sought out and tested the best varieties of old world garden roses from all over continental Europe. Their large collection has something for everyone.
- On their farm in Colombia, they are continually testing new varieties that will bring the most long lasting and unique blooms to your vase.
how to CHOOSE A VARIETY
Garden roses have a unique set of characteristics that make them so desirable. There is the amazing rainbow of colors, of course, but also varying fragrances, differing swirl patterns, and the unique way that each variety opens up over time.
We want you to be confident when you make a purchase. You will know exactly what to expect with each variety, and we’re constantly adding new educational content so that you know how to best use a certain kind of garden rose.
How to Care for Garden Roses
- To perform at their best, garden roses must be handled correctly. They take time to reach peak perfection.
- While you wait for your shipment of roses to arrive, you can watch a video from Holly about how to care for your roses so that those precious blooms look their best. We recommend logging into your student portal and watching beforehand so that you can process your garden roses as quickly as possible.
- Here is a quick guide to get you started:
- 1. Immediately unpack from the shipping box.
- 2. Remove rubber bands and cardboard sleeves. Leave the cellophane.
- 3. Using a sharp knife or bunch cutter, cut at least an inch off the bottom of the stems at a 45 degree angle.
- 4. Remove any foliage that will fall below the water line.
- 5. Immediately place in water with flower food. (Warm water will help the roses open faster, cold slower.)
- 6. Give your garden roses time to open. It’s not unusual for these flowers to take four days to look their best.
Looking to learn more about our Flowers, Special Offers & events?
Frequently asked questions
How do I choose which variety to buy?
Do your garden roses arrive in a vase?
Your roses will arrive carefully packaged in a shipping box. A vase is not provided. This allows us to ship quickly and for your flowers to stay in peak condition. If you are looking to add a vase to your order, click here to see our vases.
Should I pay for this premium flower if I'm not a professional?
Anyone can appreciate the stunning beauty and enchanting fragrance of a deluxe garden rose.
Even better, these flowers bring extra value to the table with their incredible longevity. When cared for properly, our farm-to-home model means they will last much longer than something you buy in the grocery store.
For example, these garden roses will look fantastic through more than one holiday party, meaning you can save money and time by not having to replace your centerpiece constantly.
Where do you ship?
When will my order arrive?
After processing your order, we will send you an email with your tracking number. We use two day shipping to get your garden roses to your doorstep as quickly as possible.
We have searched far and wide to bring you the best natural stems available, year round. Through our close relationships with our wholesale partners, we are able to source beautiful floral products from those who employ sustainable growing and fair labor practices.
Be sure to watch Holly’s how-to guide for caring for your garden roses. Login to your portal to access video: https://onlinetraining.hopeflowerfarm.com/login.
You can also look over the quick start guide here. [link]
1. Immediately unpack from the shipping box.
2. Remove rubber bands and cardboard sleeves. Leave the cellophane.
3. Using a sharp knife or bunch cutter, cut at least an inch off the bottom of the stems at a 45 degree angle.
4. Remove any foliage that will fall below the water line.
5. Immediately place in water with flower food. (Warm water will help the roses open faster, cold slower.)
6. Give your garden roses time to open. It’s not unusual for these flowers to take four days to look their best.